[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
Thousands of car accidents happen every day. It is important before an accident occurs to be prepared with a game plan to help make sure you are in good standing if you are injured and need to seek reimbursement for your losses. Here are some tips from our friends at Cariati Law…
- After a car accident always record as many facts as you are able.
- Record the time of day
- Write what happened to the best of your ability
- Record the other driver’s license number.
- If you are able, snap pictures of the scene with your cell phone.
- Make sure to report the accident to the police immediately, so they can file an official report and stop the other driver from fleeing the scene.
- Even if you do not have any immediate physical symptoms, you should always seek medical attention after an accident. Occasionally symptoms may not arise until days or even weeks after the accident.
It is also a very good idea to contact a skilled personal injury lawyer before notifying any insurance companies. Remember, insurance companies are a profit driven business like any other and will often pay out the smallest amount they are able. A personal injury lawyer will speak to the insurance companies on your behalf, and help you receive the full compensation you need to put your life back together.